Monday, September 20, 2010

Yawning

I yawn a lot.

When I'm nervous, when I'm scared, when I'm sleepy, when I've been in the same room too long with the door closed, when I give speeches... Yes, it's true, when I teach classes or give speeches, I yawn.

I think it comes from my theater and voice training as a kid - yawning is GOOD for your lungs, and I always feel more clear-headed and awake right after I yawn. I don't think I've ever offended anyone - it's easy enough to laugh off or explain away.

Until now. Yawning during phone sex is clearly unacceptable.

So I'm trying to figure out how to mask it as something breathy, but I'm not sure I'm succeeding. So if you catch me yawning, please understand: my yawn means nothing, except maybe that I just got a nice shot of oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment