Friday, October 1, 2010

It Gets Better

Today I've been grateful for the "It Gets Better" movements that are springing up in support of LGBT teens who are being bullied for their sexual preferences. I don't want this to be a political blog, but it doesn't seem political to me to want completely different outcomes for these bright young lives.

I talk to smart, articulate, fun men almost every day who enjoy dressing in women's clothing, or crave the feeling of a big thick cock in their mouth (I'd never blame anyone for that), or who are contemplating telling their macho jock friends they have a boyfriend. It's a pleasure. Sometimes, it even feels like a bit of an honor to share their secrets, and to wish them well in becoming the person they feel they are meant to be.

The Trevor Hotline at 1-866-488-7386 is just one of dozens of resources available, that I hope people use when they need it. And, like every suicide and domestic abuse hotline, I hope someday, nobody needs to use it at all.

2 comments:

  1. Having raised a child who self-identified as gay for years, and watching her be tormented and abused, I thank you for the integrity and bravery of your stance.

    Much Love,

    Gravelly Moon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, GM. I'm so very glad she made the tough choice to stay with us long enough to find out for herself that It Gets Better.

    ReplyDelete