Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sleep-Rate Experiment: Success!

Last night I had a fantastic long call - over two hours - on my sleep-rate (as explained here). I would have completely missed the call if I had just logged out for the night.

So I will continue the sleep-rate experiment for the foreseeable future, since my life allows for me to sleep later in the morning, or take a nap during the afternoon,  if I've been awake from about 4:45 am - 7:00 am. Considering I didn't get to sleep until about 1:00 am, it means my sleep pattern is now seriously unorthodox.

If I have something I'm resting up for, or if I'm starting to feel sleep-deprived, I'll take a night off and not think twice about it. Health first.

But if I am rested and don't have plans, I will probably be staying on almost 24/7 unless I figure out that it is a bad idea for me. For example, if I end up getting a lot of very short calls on my sleep-rate, it's not worth the interruption. But the ability to connect with The Wanker...

Last night, it was The Wanker who called me, complete with his scrumptious accent and love for long edging calls. Yum. It had been a while since we'd spoken, so it was extra-delightful to hear from him, and be able to toy him: stimulated enough to keep him refilling his account, but not quite enough to topple him over the edge. Our conversation about trying the Raise the Rate game got him, though, darn it.

(Raise the Rate is a financial domination phone sex game: in the middle of the conversation, the provider - who is the dominant partner - suddenly hangs up. The caller finds that the provider has raised the rate to continue the conversation. The game is to see how high his need will take him. There are fun little individual power-play variations, but that's the gist of it.)

The Wanker is not my only caller in Europe, and the timing would be better for them if I were available more often during US overnight hours.

It comes down to this: if I log out, there is a 0% chance of talking with me. However, if I stay logged in but raise my rate, then it's up to the caller to decide whether or not it is worth it to talk. As long as I am being realistic with myself about what dollar amount compensates me for sleep-interruption, we're all good.

Well, almost all good. The trickiest part of having a sleep-rate? What if I wake up and have to pee?

2 comments:

  1. sissyandcuckoldtrainer12/14/10, 6:43 PM

    I think sleep rates are great. I utilize them and I've been lucky, though rarely so, to receive calls at a $50/min rate.

    The only time I do not log in at night is when I really need a deep sleep or I'm not in the frame of mind to give a quality call. Being on at different hours seems to attract new callers that wouldn't have seen my listings otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistress Trainer,

    Exactly. I've only gone up to $2.99/min, which feels like plenty to me :) I've discovered that I only want to do sleep rates when I have had an especially slow day - it helps me log out instead of staying up all night with a "just in case" mentality and wrecking myself for the next day.

    Otherwise, I tend to just call it a night and sleep hard so I can play hard the next day.

    But I've enjoyed it when I've done it :)

    ReplyDelete