Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slow Down, You Move Too Fast

As long as I'm doing old songs as blog titles, this is the one that fits me today.

Yesterday, I filmed four custom videos, and got the right links sent to the right people. Yay me.

Today, I'm trying to edit those videos to put them up for sale, which involves:
* editing out personal stuff like names from the custom version
* mixing a large and small version
* uploading large and small version with a unique user name and password
* making payment buttons on NiteFlirt
* updating my "Stuff To Buy" page on my blog
* taking screen shots for the blog entry
* writing up a blog entry
* and with robot videos, posting about it on Fembot Central

Each of the four videos is at a different place along that task list, and I've been attempting to multi-task, to keep all of them moving forward, hoping to use the "dead time" wisely when videos were mixing down or files were uploading.

In the process of doing so, I sent the wrong link to all the people who bought the first Galiana Demo video (what do you mean you don't want to buy the first video twice?), so I had to re-send that.

Then in Galiana Demo #02 email, I had the link to the small version of the video twice (instead of the small and the large). And the wrong username and password for the Demo #02 (I sent out the username and password for the Demo #01).

Seriously, Galiana, in fifteen years as a technical professional, you didn't figure out how to "copy and paste AND THEN FIX"?

And then one of custom videos from last night was corrupted on the web site, so I had to re-upload it, which failed on the first try... Okay, so that one wasn't my fault.

I'm good with details, usually, but I am facing a sad truth: I need to work on one of these at a time, or else I make mistakes.

I would rather feel like this:
I've got no deeds to do, no promises to keep
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep
Wouldn't that be lovely?

I'll work on it. Really. Right after video number 4 is out the door, I'll get right on that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment