Sunday, April 24, 2011

Busy Weekend, Just Not With Phone Sex

Since we found out my husband has a new job, things have been a flurry of activity.

We need a second car so I won't be stranded at home (I can drive close places with vertigo, as long as the dizzies aren't severe). Mom has been holding off getting a new car until she knew if we wanted hers (hell yeah, she takes great care of cars). So yesterday I went with her to buy her new car, and take possession of her old one.

(Side note: she decided to buy Ford because they didn't take federal bailout money, but they've been vastly improving the quality of their cars. Her new Escape got strong reviews on Consumer Reports, high reliability since the '08 redesign, and the integrated hands-free phone interface was a breeze to set up and use. Yay America! My next car will be a Ford. In fact, anyone wanna give me $30K for the hybrid Fusion with a moonroof they had in stock?)

(Thus ends the totally unpaid commercial portion of this blog entry)

Mom kept thanking me for going online with her to do the title transfer and the toll tag deactivation. She didn't seem to understand that I came out ahead: her selling me a car in great condition for $2,000 less than I could have bought it anywhere else? vs one hour of online time? I totally win.

Then today is Easter, so it was family time, which meant 7 adults and 5 kids at my sister's house, which meant I needed anti-dizzy medications. I took the one that made me spacey, hoping it would mean I could nap through the rebound, but nooooo. Nooooo. Nooooope.

Instead, since I got home, I've just been telling HILARIOUS stories to my dogs, who do not seem to be getting my jokes. The nerve of some quadripeds, I tell ya...

I would have logged in for phone sex yesterday, but I laid down to rest -- not to sleep, mind you, "because I'm just dizzy, not sleepy" -- and woke up six hours later completely groggy and useless.

And then today, I would have logged in for phone sex, except I'm stupid. It's the meds, they make me feel stoned. Like, totally, utterly, uselessly dumb. I spent a good ten minutes trying to look up the prices for a new iPhone 4 via Sprint .... except that Sprint doesn't carry iPhones, and we have AT&T. And we've had AT&T for years. We have two iPhones now on AT&T. Wut... thuh... hail... /blink /blink

So I'm hanging out with my sorely under-appreciative dogs, watching them play "king of the (couch/bed/stairs)" until I start crashing or get sleepy.

My hope is that tomorrow will mark the return of my ability to keep up with my calendar, and be logged in for phone sex for 10-12 hours most days. Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment