Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!

Howdy 2011! I'm so glad you're here! Here's a toast to you, with color effects added by the photographer for his amusement, champagne by Kirkland (Costco brand), flat hair by afternoon nap, and lack of makeup by yours truly... 
I almost never drink, because I feel drunk for free all the time anyway, but it seemed appropriate tonight. I got to ring in the New Year with the best kind of bang with a fun new caller who got all my geek gamer references on my listings. Fun!

I have so much to be grateful for from 2010. I found an anit-vertigo medicine that enables me to do more on single days than I thought I'd be able to, I found an amazing career when I wasn't sure I could handle working at all, and I got to spend some wonderful time with family and friends and puppies (who aren't puppies any more).

My personal goals for 2011: see my family more, continue to develop meditative/prayer practices that allow me to remain calm in every situation (anxiety triggers my vertigo), and work with the dogs to get Good Citizen canine certified as a first step to becoming therapy dogs (I'd love to visit nursing homes once or twice a week).

My professional goals for 2011: split my listings out into "Smart Fun Galiana" / "Mistress Galiana" / "Hypno Galiana" to allow more ways for seekers to find me, start an "Ask Galiana" blog (and maybe podcast?), increase my advertising and marketing efforts, and abuse the hell out of the offer from my professional photographer friend to do a photo shoot when she comes to visit in March (squeeeeee can't wait).

I don't usually do resolutions, but I'm trying to figure out how to walk more - the dogs like it, I like it, and I feel better when I do it. It's hard to turn off the phones when I'm awake and alert and in a good mood, but I need to just do it.

My wish for all of you for 2011: May you make many happy memories with friends and family (family of origin and / or family of choice), and may you celebrate the amazing gift of your life every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment