Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Secrets and Exposure

Here's the deal, blog readers, I tell you a lot. I mean, a ton. I tell you so much that some would argue I probably turn some of you off because I spill my guts all the time.

We've grown to trust each other, right? I mean, you get me. You understand my compulsively narcissistic need to have callers whisper in my ear references to my blog posts, don't you? Because that is seriously, blindingly, searingly hot when that happens. The other day... oh, no, wait, stay on topic.

So, um, I... I have a confession to make. I have to keep a secret from you. It's not that I don't trust you, because I totally do. But there are these annoying things called traffic leaks ... If I link to a competing site on this blog, my NiteFlirt listing could get pulled, because I link to the blog from my listing. It makes sense, doesn't it?

So the truth, as much as I can tell you, is: I've been wandering a bit, trying out other spots, uploading pictures and videos to other venues. But in general, other places don't pay as high a percentage as NiteFlirt, they don't pay as often as NiteFlirt, they don't generate the same kind of traffic as NiteFlirt ... so I'm not interested in jeopardizing my NF relationship in any way.

Plus, you're better off calling me and buy my pay-to-view items via NF, anyway, because my rates are higher elsewhere to make up for the hassle of having to keep track of multiple logins. The pattern for taking calls elsewhere seems to be that I try it for a few days, get annoyed again, and go back to only logging in to NF as usual.

So far, it's just been more work, with little additional income, but I'm going to keep at it for a while, and do some follow-up marketing-ish activities, at least with the pay-to-views, in case it brings new exposure. In the meantime, it has the benefit of helping me feel like I'm getting a few long-standing organizational tasks knocked off my to-do list, and that part feels great.

Plus, I've learned the fine art of making animated gifs!

This one is my favorite, the gif for the Galiana-bot Demo 01 (and here's the link to buy it if you're interested and haven't bought it already):


It does a much better job of capturing the best moments of the video than the auto-generated animated gifs. Plus, animated gif "previews" are way way way way way way easier to make than video trailers, but I feel like it's an acceptable enough substitute to be willing to settle for it, so yay.

Oh, dear, I'm sorry... is the flashing images of me unzipping my body suit and grabbing for balance mid-orgasm is distracting for you? /grin (Okay, so, totally, I'm not sorry about that at all)

So that is what I've been up to for a few days' worth of between-call time now: learning how to make animated gifs, setting up storefronts, and uploading stuff. Now you know... mostly. I feel better now that we've cleared the air with that, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment