Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Holiday Message

A little video holiday message from me, even though there are just a few applicable days left:


Or, in case the embedded player doesn't work, here's the link to YouTube: Galiana's Holiday Message

Or, in case you don't feel like seeing me in motion, here's the text (without a few ums and y'knows stripped out, and with a few words added in for clarification):

Hi world! It's Galiana Chance, and although I am wearing an excessively silly Santa hat (and I recognize that it is excessively silly), I have a somewhat serious thing to say about the holidays which is that:

The holidays are rough for a lot of people. And if the holidays are rough for you, first of all, I'm sorry. Secondly, if you're not necessarily in a state where you're going to hurt yourself or where you need a suicide hotline or something, but you want somebody to tell good memories, or hard memories, or why you don't feel good about going home, or what that whole experience is like, or whatever... but if you just have some holiday thinking that you want to do [with someone], feel free to call [me].

Unfortunately, I don't have the time, space, and energy to process every person in the whole world's holiday thoughts without getting paid for it, but if you've been a blog reader and that seems like something that would be interesting to you, feel free [to call my phone sex lines].

I'm not a therapist, I'm not going to pretend to be a therapist, but I will do my best to listen. And if you wish, I will share complementary stories back with you about my own family craziness and all that jazz, and let you know that I'm sorry that it's hard.

I hope that you enjoy every piece of the holiday season that you can enjoy, and that you savor the most out of the rest of the year as much as possible.

I wish you all the best. Mmmmmwuh! /blow kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment