Sunday, August 15, 2010

Galiana Chance, Ex-Smuttress

I've been publicly sexual before - as an erotica writer from 2001 to 2003.

I have the urge to write fiction when I'm in times of emotional difficulty. I was going through a divorce, and started wanting to write, but my unpredictable schedule didn't allow participation in any traditional writers' groups, so I looked online for a virtual writers' group. I found a lot of writers' groups which were combinations of: unhelpful, poorly organized, overly restrictive, completely negative, required more participation than I was willing to give, or had a wait list of months to get in.

Then I stumbled across the best writer's group on the web: Erotica Readers & Writers Association (http://www.erotica-readers.com/). You contribute at your own pace, offer suggestions as you wish, and have a blast with some of the nicest smutsters you can possibly imagine. Sure, some of the feedback is "wow that was hot", but some members offer genuinely insightful and helpful critiques (especially if you offer genuinely insightful and helpful critiques to encourage others to notice your work).

In addition to improving my writing, ERWA exposed me to alternative sexual and alternative lifestyle choices, many of which I had never considered for myself. I discovered that playing with control and pain in a sexual setting both turned me on - much more than my Inner Feminist would like to admit! But the Inner Slut gets to decide about sexual interests, so I continued to explore beyond erotica in real life, and found I loved it as much as I'd hoped I would!

Although I'm not active on ERWA anymore, I made some lasting friendships there, and I'm so glad I did.

If you're an erotica reader but not a writer, help yourself to their free archives (you're welcome!).

So that was my first public sexiness - as a smutress - which I loved!

2 comments:

  1. Saw you on reddit, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anon! Welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete